The Background Check
We are located in the beautiful Sierra Foothills of Northern California. We started backgrounding employees for Silicon Valley Start-ups in 1994 and have continued to grow with our many diverse clients. Your Success is Our Success!
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our staff of Background Check Professionals brings years of experience to our customers.
- We strongly believe that a Comprehensive Background Check, supported by Outstanding Customer Service, is an essential element of an effective hiring process.
- We provide an exceptionally Wide Range of Background Check Products. This gives our customers the confidence that a thorough background check has been conducted.
An Experienced Employment Screening CompanyWe are a California-based background screening company founded in 1994 by Glenn and Rose Maree Hammer. Glenn is our president and brings 30+ years of experience in the information industry. Glenn received his BS in statistics and computer science from Brigham Young University and received his MBA from Santa Clara University. (See Glenn's Speaker Bio.) Rose Maree is our Vice President of Operations and brings 20+ years of business management experience.
Outstanding Customer Service is our SpecialtyExperienced Support - You are supported by a team of well-trained background check professionals who are dedicated to your success as an employer. They are eager to answer your questions and help with your unique needs. See Customer Service for more information.
Easy to Order - Fax a simple Request Form, an Authorized Release, and a copy of the Job Application. We pull the necessary details from these forms. There is no need for additional data entry or the completion of complicated order forms. See our Step-by-Step Process for more information.
Flexible Options - Request only the reports that meet your specific needs. Plus, we provide a variety of report delivery options for you to choose from.
Quick Online Access - Timely, accurate information is vitally important to all parties: the applicant, the employer, and A Matter of Fact. Use our online client portal to view results as they come in. Most reports are available for review online in one to three business days (based on record availability).
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) Background Screening Credentialing Council (BSCC). See A Matter Of Fact Achieves Background Screening Council Accreditation.
- Better Business Bureau
Professional and Business Memberships
- National Association of Information Destruction (NAID)
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), Founding Member
- National Federation of Independent Businesses
- Society for Human Resource Management
Find Us on the Internet
- Better Business Bureau
- Employment Background Check Blog
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS)
- SHRM's (Society for Human Resource Management) HR Vendor Directory
Main OfficeA Matter of Fact
233 S. Auburn St. Suite #140
P.O. Box 1113
Colfax, CA 95713
Web Site Privacy StatementThis site uses Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") to provide data about how our site is used (things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the web site). This data is used to improve the information on the site and to improve navigation within the site. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting this web site
Web Site DisclaimerThe information and forms on this site are for educational purposes only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. They have been prepared with the understanding that the authors are not engaged in rendering legal advice. This information should not be used as a substitute for professional legal services. Legal counsel should be consulted concerning specific legal responsibilities, and to ensure that documents, policies and procedures related to the use of information provided by A Matter of Fact are in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.