The Background Check
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our staff of Background Check Professionals brings years of experience to our customers.
- We strongly believe that a Comprehensive Background Check, supported by Outstanding Customer Service, is an essential element of an effective hiring process.
- We provide an exceptionally Wide Range of Background Check Products. This gives our customers the confidence that a thorough background check has been conducted.
An Experienced Employment Screening CompanyWe started backgrounding employees for Silicon Valley Start-ups in 1994 and have continued to grow with our many diverse clients. Your Success is Our Success!
Outstanding Customer Service is our SpecialtyExperienced Support - You are supported by a team of well-trained background check professionals who are dedicated to your success as an employer. They are eager to answer your questions and help with your unique needs. See Customer Service for more information.
Easy to Order - Fax a simple Request Form, an Authorized Release, and a copy of the Job Application. We pull the necessary details from these forms. There is no need for additional data entry or the completion of complicated order forms. See our Step-by-Step Process for more information.
Flexible Options - Request only the reports that meet your specific needs. Plus, we provide a variety of report delivery options for you to choose from.
Quick Online Access - Timely, accurate information is vitally important to all parties: the applicant, the employer, and A Matter of Fact. Use our online client portal to view results as they come in. Most reports are available for review online in one to three business days (based on record availability).
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) Background Screening Credentialing Council (BSCC). See A Matter Of Fact Achieves Background Screening Council Accreditation.
- Better Business Bureau
Professional and Business Memberships
- National Association of Information Destruction (NAID)
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), Founding Member
- National Federation of Independent Businesses
- Society for Human Resource Management
Find Us on the Internet
- Better Business Bureau
- Employment Background Check Blog
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS)
Main OfficeA Matter of Fact
233 S. Auburn St. Suite #140
P.O. Box 1113
Colfax, CA 95713
Web Site Privacy StatementThis site uses Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") to provide data about how our site is used (things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the web site). This data is used to improve the information on the site and to improve navigation within the site. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting this web site
Legal Disclaimer/NoticeA Matter of Fact is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice.
The information and forms on this site are for educational purposes only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. They have been prepared with the understanding that the authors are not engaged in rendering legal advice.
It is important that employers work with counsel to develop an employment screening program specific to their needs. Legal counsel should be consulted concerning specific legal responsibilities and to ensure that information and material provided by A Matter of Fact are in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Employers should obtain legal advice to ensure that their background check documents, policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Federal, state and local laws and regulations related to employment background checks are rapidly evolving. It is the employer's responsibility to stay current with changing legal requirements. A Matter of Fact cannot provide current information on every federal, state, and local law and regulation related to employment background checks or employment eligibility verification.
A Matter of Fact is a California-based employment screening company. Reports prepared by A Matter of Fact are intended to comply with applicable California laws and regulations.
A Matter of Fact has no control over the content of other web sites and is not responsible for their content.