Global Homeland Security Search
A Global Homeland Security Search is sometimes called a Global Homeland Security Background Check or a Terrorist Watch List Search.
Why Do Global Homeland Security SearchesA Global Homeland Security Search helps an employer with Patriot Act Compliance and OFAC Compliance. A Global Homeland Security Search provides an anti-terrorism element to a Comprehensive Background Check. For Patriot Act information, see Background Check Laws: Patriot Act.
What are the Sources of a Global Homeland Security Search?A Global Homeland Security Search database is compiled from domestic and international sanctions lists:
- Australian Reserve Bank Sanctions List
- Bank of England Sanctions List
- Debarred Parties List
- Denied Persons List
- European Union Terrorism Sanctions List
- FDA List
- Fugitive List
- Health and Human Services List
- Interpol Most Wanted
- Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS)
- OFSI (Canadian Sanctions List)
- Palestinian Legislative Council List
- Politically Exposed Persons List
- United Nations Consolidated Sanctions List
- US General Services Administration Excluded Parties List
- World Bank Listing of Ineligible Individuals
What are the Weaknesses of a Global Homeland Security Search?As with all database searches, A Global Homeland Security Search is incomplete by nature. It is only as reliable as its last update. The fight on terrorism and crime around the world changes every day. Because agencies that submit information to these lists work at their own pace, any list is outdated to some degree at any given time. There is no list that includes all individuals or organizations that are suspected of terrorism and crime around the world.
How Far Back Does a Global Homeland Security Search Go?The information reported in a Global Homeland Security Search varies greatly. Each database in the Global Homeland Security Search has its own rules about the information reported. For a more complete discussion about how far back a background check goes, see How Far Back Does A Background Check Go.
How Long Does a Global Homeland Security Search Take?Results for this search should be available the same day the order is entered into our online tracking system.
Can I See a Sample Global Homeland Security Search Report?Yes, click Sample Global Homeland Security Search.
What is Our Recommendation for Global Homeland Security Search?We recommend a Global Homeland Security Search as part of a quality Comprehensive Background Check.
Note: Federal, state and local laws and regulations are rapidly evolving regarding employer inquiries into and use of applicant/employee criminal records. See Background Check Laws and Regulations and Employment Background Check Blog. It is the employer's responsibility to stay current with changing legal requirements. A Matter of Fact is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice. It is important that employers work with counsel to develop an employment screening program specific to their needs. Employers should obtain legal advice concerning their legal responsibilities, and to ensure that background check documents, policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. For more see Legal Disclaimer.
What Other Criminal History Searches Are Available?Additional criminal record searches available to help meet employer and job requirements include:
- County Criminal Records Check: checks county court records
- Federal Criminal Records Check: expands criminal records checks to federal offenses
- 'Statewide' Criminal Records Check and 'Nationwide' Criminal Database Check: are useful supplements to County Criminal Record Checks
- National Wants and Warrants: is an important supplement to County Criminal Record Checks
- Sex Offender Registry Check: is essential for health care, child/youth/elder care, teaching, residential management, hospitality, social services, and similar at-risk positions
- International Criminal History Records Searches: are also available
- Employment Criminal Background Check Questions and Answers
- Summary Of What Can Be In A Background Check
- Comprehensive Background Check: The Best Background Check
- The Best Background Check Service: The Inside Story
- Knowledge Index: Criminal History Background Check
- Background Check Guidelines and Sample Policies
- Employment Background Check Guidelines and Sample Policies
Ready to Go?
step-by-step approach to
Account Setup is Free