Background Check Statistics from A Matter of Fact
- 39% of all Background Checks had at least one serious flag.
- 10% of County Criminal Record Checks had serious flags.
- 10% of Education Verifications had serious flags.
- 23% of Employment Verifications had serious flags.
- 44% of Driving Records had serious flags.
Statistics of Interest from Industry Sources
- Workplace violence accounted for 18% of all violent crime -- Workplace Violence: Bureau of Justice Statistics
- The typical organization loses 5% of its annual revenue to occupational fraud -- ACFE: 2014 Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse
- National criminal history databases have a 41% error rate -- NBC: Criminal Background Checks Incomplete: How convicted felons can slip through safety net
- About one-third of resumes have some degree of puffery -- Bankrate.com: Do A Thorough Background Check On Workers -- Or Let The Hirer Beware
- Sixteen percent of executive resumes contain false academic claims and/or material omissions relating to educational experience -- Business Week: Executives: Making It by Faking It
- The replacement cost of a bad hire is up to 3 times the salary of the job in question -- Impact of a Bad Hire: Right Management Survey
Note: A Matter of Fact has no control over the content of the above sites and is not responsible for their content.
- Classic Employer Nightmares
- The Best Background Check Service: The Inside Story
- Comprehensive Background Check: The Best Background Check
- Knowledge Index: Pros & Cons of Background Checks
Ready to Go?
step-by-step approach to
Account Setup is Free