Who Does Background Checks?
There are three primary sources for background checks:
- Government Agencies -- Most government agencies and departments use other official agencies such as the FBI to conduct their background checks.
- Corporate Security Departments -- Many large corporations have security departments that conduct the actual background checks for the entire organization.
- Background Check Firms -- Most private employers use a professional background screening firm to conduct their background checks
A Matter of Fact is a Professional Background Screening FirmWe are a California-based background screening company. We started backgrounding employees for Silicon Valley Start-ups in 1994 and have continued to grow with our many diverse clients. We strongly believe that a Comprehensive Background Check, supported by Outstanding Customer Service, is an essential element of an effective hiring process. For more information, see The California Employment Screening Company - A Matter of Fact.
The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®)We are proud to be a founding member of the NAPBS®. NAPBS® is the best means to associate with those companies able and willing to conform to standards and to meet the highest expectations of our clients and law-makers. NAPBS® has adopted By-Laws, a Code of Conduct, and a Mission Statement. For more information, see NAPBS®.
We are accredited by the NAPBS® Background Screening Credentialing Council (BSCC). See A Matter Of Fact Achieves Background Screening Council Accreditation.
Return to Background Check FAQ.
- The Best Background Check Service: The Inside Story
- Comprehensive Background Check: The Best Background Check
- What Can Be In A Background Check?
- What Does a Typical Employment Background Check Consist of?
- How to Conduct a Background Check
Ready to Go?
step-by-step approach to
Account Setup is Free